Is freelancing a good fit for you? Well, that depends. We’re all different people. We…
World of Freelancers contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, I will earn a commission at no extra cost to you.
“There’s no time like the present.” The old adage is always true, and now even more so.
There’s no time like the present to start earning money freelancing.
Freelancers earn money by working for themselves, offering their services to large and small businesses.
More and more people are turning to freelancing and entrepreneurship, creating their own businesses both online and offline. You can be one of these people.
Working for yourself as a freelancer gives you a lot more income options and opportunities than working for someone else. Freelancing – especially when you weave together income from various freelance jobs – can give you job security and financial security that you can’t enjoy with a regular job as an employee. And as you know, personal financial stability is extremely important.
Here are 33 benefits of freelancing and why now is the perfect time to start freelancing.
33 Reasons Why Now is the Perfect Time to Start Freelancing
1. You’ll be proactive about your life and your future.
2. If you already know a skill, you can actually start freelancing without training or much preparation. For example, if you know how to write, start looking for writing jobs online. If you know how to code or program, start looking for online opportunities in those fields.
3. Freelancing is an excellent way to earn income on the side in addition to your full-time job. So many people earn money with side hustles now. Unsure what exactly a side hustle is? You can read a detailed side hustle definition here.
4. Freelance work is like job insurance, although nobody really thinks of it that way. Start freelancing as a side hustle while you’re still employed and if something happens to your job, you’ll have the freelance income (job insurance) to get you through.
Related post: 11-Step Guide to Freelancing
5. There are a huge number of possibilities all over the internet to earn money working for yourself, now more than ever before. You can find many types of freelance jobs right here on World of Freelancers.
Look under the Freelance Careers tab at the top of the site, and you’ll find details on a growing number of freelance job possibilities. Look under the Freelance Blog tab for in-depth articles about freelance jobs and all aspects of freelancing.
6. You’ll get a head start by earning money with a full-time freelance job or side hustle rather than waiting until something happens to your current job, then having to scramble to figure out what to do.
7. Unlike jobs where you work for someone else and there is a set date that you leap into that job, when you freelance you don’t have to dive in head first. If you’re not sure about what type of freelance work you want to do – or you’re not sure you really want to work for yourself at all – you can transition into freelancing.
8. If you don’t know any freelance skill well enough that you feel you can ask people to pay for it, you can take one of thousands of online courses to teach you how to do specific freelance skills.
9. There are many free introductory mini courses, free webinars and some entirely free very basic freelance online courses. Some full courses do not offer refunds, so if you’re not sure what you want, you can sign up for a free mini course or webinar first before you spend a penny you don’t have. You’ll get good insight into whether that type of work and that course is for you or not.
You’ll find 11 free freelancing courses and ebooks here.
You’ll find 9 free courses about freelancing here.
10. There are many in-depth, paid online courses you can take to learn exactly how to do all kinds of freelance jobs. These courses can be quite expensive and some do not offer refunds, so it’s best to know for certain what type of work you want to do before you buy one.
Work at Home School is a paid bundle of 30+ online courses teaching several different freelance job skills as well as life skills. This bundle of courses costs about the same as many single courses cost.
11. You can take control of your present and your future instead of being swept away by change you can’t control.
12. You can create multiple income streams. With multiple income streams when you have more than one source of income and one of those sources dries up, you have one or more other sources to fall back on. Earning money from multiple income streams is the safest, most secure way to live now.
13. Freelancing equipment and supplies – including your laptop and other common items – as well as any other freelancing expenses are at least partially tax deductible in many different countries around the world.
14. Freelancing is a much different – and most people think better – lifestyle than working for someone else, especially if you have to work in an office every day.
15. If you’re struggling in the corporate world and you’re afraid of losing your job, you can beat your employer to the punch. Don’t let them lay you off. Start freelancing and earning money for yourself so you can quit.
16. If you’ve been an employee using your company computer and software while working at home during coronavirus, you may find that using your own has a different and better feel for you.
17. Instead of losing income if something happens to your job, you’ll gain income by working for yourself at home.
18. You don’t need an education and you don’t need any experience.
19. The economic uncertainty you may be facing will be less uncertain when you’ve got some freelance money coming in.
20. Freelancing is an excellent way to completely replace the income you earn – or earned – at your job. It will likely take a while to build your income to the point where you won’t need your day job, but many people have made that happen and you can too.
21. You won’t be stuck in one job. If you don’t like the type of freelancing work you’re doing, you can change it.
22. The time you’re saving driving to and from your job every day you can use towards earning money working at home.
23. Working at a freelance job can keep your mind busy and help you focus on the positive rather than the negative.
24. You can take the money you used to set aside for vacations, holidays and other things you can’t currently enjoy and spend it on building your freelance career and a stable future for yourself. This will be more rewarding and long-lasting than temporary vacation memories.
25. Millions of other people have already paved the way down the freelance path. So many people are freelancing and starting their own businesses now, even before the pandemic, and they are all over the internet, sharing their journeys on their blogs or social media.
26. There is lots of advice about freelancing on the internet. Here on World of Freelancers you’ll find lots of freelancing tips and advice plus lots of info on how to start earning money doing specific freelance jobs.
27. There are many free Job search engines like Indeed, Glass Door and many others have tons of freelance jobs you can apply for. There are also free job search websites like Fiverr and Upwork, which allow you not only to look for freelance jobs but to create a profile so potential hirers can find you.
28. The more money you earn, the more likely you can avoid financial problems.
29. You can avoid being one of the many people losing all of their income when they lose their job.
30. You’ve no doubt learned what it’s like to work at home, so you already know how to handle it.
31. You can stop feeling out of control because you will have better control over your work and your income.
32. Although you may be alone when you’re working from home, you’ll be able to connect online with many people who also freelance. Some day you can even perhaps meet them in person.
33. If you’ve lost your job or are in lockdown yet again and just sitting around the house, you might as well be earning money while you’re sitting there.
Freelancing brings possibilities and opportunities to your life like nothing else. There are so many benefits of freelancing. Take this unusual era in our lives and use it to change your life for the better. I’ll send you a free download of 101 ways you can freelance online when you sign up for my email list here!